Geographically Australia is the sixth largest country in the world. It's about the same size as the 48 mainland states of the USA and 50 percent larger than Europe but has a population of only 20 million people. Australia is the only nation to govern an entire continent and its outlying islands. The mainland is the largest island and the world’s smallest, flattest continent. Economically is a country that did not experience recession in the way that rest of the world did. It’s a friendly, young, adventurous and stylish nation that welcomes international students. Australia is a favorite destination for Sri Lankan students based on the quality of lifestyle and opportunities it offers. Australians like the great outdoors, they love sport, adore their beaches, having BBQs with their mates and eating out at the numerous multicultural restaurants. For an international student it’s the adventure of a lifetime.
- Australia is a country in the Southern Hemisphere comprising the mainland of the Australian Continent and a number of smaller islands including the island of Tasmania. Neighboring countries include Indonesia to the North and New Zealand in the south
- The population of Australia is 22 million with almost 60% of them concentrated in and around the mainland state capitals of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
- Australia’s capital city is Canberra located in the Australian Capital Territory
- Australia is a highly developed country with a very prosperous multicultural society and is rated very highly in human development, quality of life, health care, public education.
- It is a member of the elite G20 group of nations, United Nations and WTO.
- Australia has six states-New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia. It also has two major territories-the Northern Territory and the Australian Capital territory.
- Population: Australia is the sixth largest country in the world. It's about the same size as the 48 mainland states of the USA and 50 percent larger than Europe, but has the lowest population density in the world - only two people per square kilo meter. It has population of 20 million only.
- Cities / Regions:
- Six states and two territories
- Sydney is one of the most highly urbanized cities in the world
- Sophisticated cities such as Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, Canberra, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Adelaide - WA - Very upcoming Brisbane fastest growing
- The People:
- Multi-cultural society.
- Free from racial discrimination.
- English is the common language used.
- Religious freedom.
- Immigrants from Europe and recently from Asia constitute the bulk of the population.
E - Visa Lodgment
- Student visa is valid till a month after the course completion.
- Course requirements must be satisfied and valid enrollment maintained.
- Students may not work more than 20 hours per week while the course is in session.
- Students must maintain health insurance while in Australia.
CDUK specialises in Skilled Migration and was established to cater the needs of clients from around the world, who request professional, accurate and speedy skilled migration advice to Australians. Our professional migration consultants are dedicated to providing fast and most appropriate expert advice to you that best suit your personal circumstances. More details